How do I file my FAFSA?

Filing your FAFSA

All students must fill out the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) every award year. You can apply online at or complete the paper application after January 1st for an award year.

Carefully read and follow all the instructions on the form. If you apply online, use your PIN to electronically sign and submit your application. Use Federal School Code Number 001047 for all Troy University campuses and locations. Financial Aid is never renewed automatically.

If you have questions about completion of the FAFSA, making corrections, or adding Troy University to an existing FAFSA, call 1-800-4-FED-AID. Upon receipt of the FAFSA, if you are admitted, you will be sent a paper and an e-mail Missing Information Letter (MIL). If you are a registered student, Self-Service > Financial Aid will show missing items under Documents.

Deadline Dates

For a list of important financial aid dates, please visit the Financial Aid Calendar web page or the Priority Dates/Deadlines web page.


Article ID: 44645
Wed 12/13/17 8:25 AM
Wed 7/28/21 1:36 PM