How do I apply as a transient student?

Transient Student

Transient Status

Student from another institution wishing to enroll at Troy University as a transient student:

Transient students are not eligible for financial aid.

A student enrolled at another institution who is in academic good standing may wish to study at Troy University and then return to the original institution. The student should make application as a transient student with appropriate transient authorization. In order to complete this process, students desiring to enroll at the Troy campus must submit the completed Medical History Form. Students granted transient admission should request that official Troy University transcripts be sent to the home institution.

Troy University student wishing to enroll as a transient student at another institution:

A student receiving prior Troy University transient authorization does not need to be readmitted if the absence does not go beyond the term authorized. Troy University transient authorization assumes the student remains in good standing and has not officially withdrawn from the University for the term that authorization was granted. The student must provide an official transcript from the institution attended. A student returning beyond the approved transient authorization must reapply under the readmission rules.

Transient Credit

A currently enrolled student who wishes to study at another institution for a term should consult with the Records Office concerning procedures and required approvals. Any courses taken by a student after the initial registration with Troy University must have prior approval by the University, and transient hours must be included with the student’s semester load for load-limit purposes. If a student takes coursework at another institution without proper transient authorization, the University reserves the right to deny credit for these courses.

More Information

For more information about transient status or transient credit, please visit the Transient Student web page.

Print Article


Article ID: 44712
Wed 12/13/17 10:59 AM
Tue 2/18/20 2:39 PM